How to Relieve Back Pain - Tips & Remedies
You were sure that you could fix the sink yourself, but the baseboard pinching your shoulder blades for hours told a different story. And the dog? Well, sometimes he ends up walking you. Minor back pain can happen to any one at any moment. These are the times when BENGAY® products can help.
The RICE Method
When you incur this type of injury, you can apply the RICE method for 24-48 hours after the injury:
- Rest the affected area
- Ice the area to reduce swelling
- Compression, or loosely wrapping the area will help decrease the swelling
- Elevating the injury above the level of your heart will minimize swelling
Apply cold therapy for 20 minutes, remove it for 10 minutes, and then reapply.
Check out our products.
Please make sure to speak to a doctor before use if you have redness over an affected area or if you have questions about relieving your pain.
MINOR BACK PAIN RELIEF:
Get moving (gently).
Try low-impact yoga for back pain.
Exercise in warm water.
Take water exercise classes to reduce strain during activity while strengthening your muscles. Talk to your doctor before starting or changing any exercise regimen.
Adjust your posture.
Set up your desk for better ergonomics: sit just close enough to your monitor to be able to touch it with your arm out straight.
Try other therapies.
Try a massage, acupuncture, or chiropractic care routine.
TIPS FOR AVOIDING MINOR BACK PAIN:
Here are some tips for preventing back pain that you can incorporate into your daily routine:
- Stretch and warm-up before physical activity
- Maintain proper posture while sitting and standing
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes that fit correctly
- Ask for help or support when lifting heavy objects
- Maintain a healthy weight for your body type